(Annual Investment Meeting)
-minimum 5 years’ experience in the same position in an event organizing company, organizing large scale exhibitions.
-candidate should have organized/ handled a project related to investments/ business/ economy
-must have a pleasing personality as he/she will be facing government entities/ ministers and other high caliber professionals
-A project management degree is a plus
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the development and maintenance of a strategic plan in collaboration with the senior management team.
- Oversee and monitor the strategic plan to ensure it is carried out on time and to budget.
- Agree the annual exhibition budget with the senior event management team and cascade this to team members.
- Uphold the brand reputation of Strategic as the premier exhibition & events provider at all times.
- Ensure that the planned exhibition growth and targets are achievable with available resources.
- Create event content and features with the team that will ensure longer term visitor interest and or commercial success.
- Evaluate event effectiveness and recommend strategies for improvement.
EXHIBITION FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING
- Control and manage exhibition costs within budget through monthly reviews with Marketing and Exhibition Managers
- Liaise with the finance team to ensure compliance with event budget
- Ensure all documentation required is completed accurately and on time
- Track and document all revenue and cost transactions and communicate with the accounts department
- Oversee event sales targets for team members.
- Lead and manage the sales team through monitoring sales activities and performance in coordination with the Director General
- Schedule regular sales meetings in order to review performance and productivity and provide guidance and direction.
- Lead by example by bringing in sales and sponsorship deals.
- Analyze rebooking statistics and identify ways to maximize client retention.
- Strategize and produce opportunities for the exhibition teams to increase non-square-meters sales.
- Provide opportunities for growth within each exhibition profile.
- Create useful, internal working relationship with the Marketing Department.
- Contribute to the marketing strategy and oversee the execution of marketing plans and schedules in collaboration with the event marketing team.
- Monitor marketing activities and ensure they are executed on time and in-line with marketing plans.
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager to design/create copy for marketing materials, websites and digital media.
- Monitor database growth in appropriate markets and feedback on improvements.
- Establish a useful, internal working relationship between the Sales and Marketing team and the Operations Department.
- Continually liaise with Operations Department with respect to floor plans and ensure client requirements are maintained.
- Closely adhere to logistics plans.
- Assist and provide support to the Operations team onsite, pre-, during a post-event.